UHS gUrls Flag Football off-season conditioning will begin on Wednesday, November 12. Please meet in 1C-107 at 2:45pm. All participants must have all paperwork turned in and be current in order to participate (EL2, EL3, NFHS videos: Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heat Related Illness, Concussion in Sports).
Athletes must be in proper attire to participate each day. This includes: running shoes (no cleats unless specified by a coach), full shirt, pants or shorts that adequately cover and are comfortable for running and training. Make sure to check the weather report and bring dress for the day’s temperature during the conditioning time period. It will get colder as we move throughout the off-season program.
Conditioning will take place at the UHS track and practice fields on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4-5pm. Roll will be taken at 3:45pm so we can start on time. The off-season program will go on until February 7, 2020 (the week before tryouts). There will be no conditioning during Thanksgiving week. A winter break schedule will be given by December 18.
Conditioning is a voluntary activity, yet highly recommended to be ready for tryouts and the season.
If not already, please signup for the program’s Remind messages: @UHSFlag. This will be your #1 and most frequent source for updates.
Please feel free to email with any questions:
Coach Ruggiero: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Martingano: email@example.com
Coach Judson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Reed: email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing you there and kicking off our inaugural season!
Below is a copy of what students were given at the Nov 1 interest meeting.
UHS FLAG FOOTBALL
Remind (text to 81010): @UHSFlag Twitter: @UHSFlagFB
11/01/2019 – Interest Meeting, 1st half lunch @ Lecture Hall
11/13/2019 – Fundraising Meeting/Fundraiser begins
11/13/2019 – Voluntary off-season conditioning begins
02/07/2020 – Voluntary off-season conditioning ends
02/10/2020 – Tryouts begin
02/24/2020 – First preseason game (Pine Ridge @ UHS)
03/03/2020 – First regular season game (NSB @ UHS)
04/16/2020 – Final regular season game (Spruce Creek @ UHS)
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Positively represent the UHS Flag Football program and UHS on campus & in the community (Detrimental conduct/conduct unbecoming will result in suspension or removal from the UHS Flag Football program)
- Misconduct and/or referrals may affect your opportunity to try out for the program.
- All paperwork must be submitted, on file, & up to date through the end of the season
- EL2, EL3, nfhslearns.com – Concussion in Sports, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, and Heat and Illness videos (print and return completion certificates)
- “Pay to participate” – 1st sport: $75; 2nd: $25; 3rd or more: Free
- Attend each practice
- Attend each game
- Participate in fundraising